Monday, April 9, 2012

Do You Want To Give Me A Gift?

Actors spend the days they don't have an audition looking at casting sites for their next audition. 

We have the various casting sites and passwords saved on three computers and two phones.  We can check the latest audition notices from any location during the day.

I realize that Christmas is MONTHS away but I know what present you can get me this year:

***A Printer.

I realize a printer is not the most exciting gift in the world.  I can tell you that a printer would be the most welcome present in the world.

The apartment complex (much like a hotel) has an office space for the residents to use during the day.  The only problem is the office has ONE computer and ONE printer.  The complex consists of five buildings so you can imagine the amount of people trying to use the single computer to print out their latest sides.

I've become a master of printing emails as fast as possible at FedEx Office (also known as the artist formerly known as FedEx Kinko's).  The location in Sherman Oaks charges 45-cents per minute and the Studio City location charges 30-cents per minute.  I can get into my email, find the audition sides, and print them out before I hit two minutes. 

Once you add in the printing charges, I can get out of there for around $5-$7 depending on the amount of pages to print.

Having told you all of the above info, imagine my horror when I opened an email and discovered I needed to print a 96-page script!

The last thing I heard leaving the store was the FedEx Office manager telling me I would not be allowed in their store again if I continued to use "that kind of language" while printing a script.

No comments:

Post a Comment