Monday, October 29, 2012

Bonding Time With The Parents

My favorite parents from various auditions:

***The stage mom who likes to look at your headshot.  

I've met plenty of stage moms that want to look at the headshots of every child actor in the audition. They enjoy offering friendly advice on how to improve the look of your kid and point out "tiny flaws" with your current photo.  It's fun to watch them try and psych out the kids waiting for their turn to audition.  

It's also great fun to see the look on their faces when I tell them I'm not going to show them our photo.  I reply with this phrase, "I'd love to show you but according to the beliefs of my religion, I can only show the photo to a certain number of people per week to avoid being guilty of the sin of vanity".

I get such joy out of watching them try and process that phrase for the rest of the audition.

***The parents that tell you everything they're doing for their child.

These wonderful/loyal/selfless parents are sacrificing everything for their kids....And they want to make sure everyone knows how wonderful they are at every moment!  I had one mom tell me she can't wait to be thanked from the stage of the Oscars in the future! 

***The parents that always take a nap.

You never see these parents because they bring their kids to the set and head back to the car to catch up on their sleep.  There are plenty of times that I'm wondering if they're sleeping or dead.

***The parent that checks out the competition.

I was at an audition last week where one parent was emailing the names and agents of the other kids on the audition sheet to himself so he could check out the IMDB credits of the competition later that evening.

Wait...That was me...Forget I said anything about that incident!

FYI...I'd do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment