Sunday, August 4, 2013

Listen To The Sound Of My Words!

It's been a super busy time for The Artist in the last 7-10 days.  He's been working a lot but all of the sets have been really strict on anyone taking photos.  I guess that leaves it up to me to describe his latest adventures.

*Zach worked one day on a movie that was cast by the lady that placed him on "Modern Family".  She contacted us directly (instead of going through his manager) so I took that as a sign she really wanted him for the job!  The booking for the shoot didn't come through until late in the evening (around 9:30pm).

The film shoot was in Van Nuys at a middle school.  The kids were able to move around the school more than the parents.  All of the parents were put in a holding room for the 10-hour day.  The door to the room was guarded by an overly-tan woman named Alex. 

Alex had no time for any of us.  We should have started a drinking game that required us to do a shot whenever Alex said the phrase, "I need you to stay in the room at all times".

If anyone had to go to the bathroom we could only use the restroom that was within the sight of Alex.  She made sure to monitor our time in and out of the restroom.

A very loud car wreck happened right outside of our room.  All of the parents went running to see if anyone needed help.  Alex came running after us while yelling that we needed to return to the room.  One of the parents mentioned she was a nurse and wanted to see if anyone needed medical help.  Alex told her that the police would be there soon and to get back in the room!

Alex was not really concerned about the needs of others.

*Zach got home from the Van Nuys shoot and started to work on his homework for the next day.

At 9:10pm (while working on homework), we got a call booking Zach for a 2-day shoot that started the next morning. 

The shoot was for a Lifetime movie that took place at Dollywood during Christmas.  My first thought was "We're Going To Dollywood!!!!"  My second thought was "We're meeting Dolly Parton!!!!"  My third thought was "How can we do this trip and not have to see my relatives in Knoxville????"

We didn't go to Dollywood...We didn't meet Dolly Parton...And I was (kind of) kidding about my not having to see my relatives.  I like two of the five in Knoxville.  I'll leave it to them to figure out which ones I actually like.

The stand-in for a Tennessee Christmas Church was in Topanga Canyon.  Topanga has been the home (at one time or another) to Woody Guthrie, Neil Young, Taylor Hawkins, Chris Robinson, Billy Preston, Jim Morrison, Lowell George, Andy Dick, Kyle Chandler, Jeffrey Tambor, Dennis Hopper and Henry Hill.

The drive to the set was fun because we were running late and the road was 8-miles of winding road through the canyon.  I'm almost certain the truck was only on two wheels at different points in the journey.

Since the project was a Christmas movie all of the kids were wearing sweaters, winter coats and wool hats in the California summer heat.

Did I mention I've had "We Wish You A Merry Christmas:" stuck in my head since the shoot????

Hi, I'm Zach's IMDb page. Would you please click me?

No comments:

Post a Comment