Saturday, February 8, 2014

Who Is Zach's New Agent?

It is official.  Zach has signed on the dotted line and is a member of the Abrams Artists Agency family.

The Abrams Logo

We knew Zach was with them because his profile had been updated on IMDb as well as the various casting boards and industry websites.  I just didn't want to announce the agency name on this blog until we had the signing meeting.

The agency is located on Sunset Blvd (on the border of West Hollywood and Beverly Hills).  It's a super busy part of town so there is very little street parking available.  The office building parking garage is valet only.

I always feel like a giant redneck when I valet park my big red pickup.

You can't simply walk to the elevator and go to the office.  You have to check-in with the security guard who walks you to the elevator and presses the floor button for you.

The afternoon of the signing was funny because it was supposed to involve a leisurely drive to the office to do the paperwork.  The agency called me earlier in the afternoon with an audition for The Artist.  I replied, "Great!  But it's at the same time as the signing."

They decided to move the signing appointment up so we can handle both appointments.  Once I got off work I called Zach and told him to meet me at the front door.  I raced down Ventura Boulevard and barely stopped long enough for him to jump in the truck.  We roared down Laurel Canyon and made it to Abrams. Dana met us there and we proudly watched Zach officially sign on with one of the best agencies in Hollywood.

Zach has four friends that are represented by Abrams so we feel like it's a good fit for him.

Look!  It's Sunset Boulevard!

We headed downstairs to retrieve my classy truck from valet so we could make our way to the audition.  After a quick stop at Pinkberry (hey....a teen actor has to keep his strength up with some yummy yogurt), we went to the audition.  Zach ran into a kid he did a short film with, another teen that was part of his "Modern Family" football team and a buddy from improv.

Even if Zach doesn't land the role, he did land some quality bonding time with his peers.

The night ended with a stop at his manger's office.  Zach delivered cupcakes (and a hug) to thank her for all of her help in landing him a new agent.  His manager is always there for him and it means the world to Zach.

Plus, she puts up with my questions and odd ideas...Which means I love her as well!

The IMDb link for a guy who has a brand new agent




No comments:

Post a Comment