Thursday, January 8, 2015

Who Reads This Blog Anyway?

It's a quiet night at home.

Dana is working on pie charts for her job.

Zach is attending acting class on a regular basis for the first time in months.  He stopped going while he was filming "Marshall" and "Camp Abercorn" in the second half of 2014.  Holiday travels also cut into his chance to attend class.  He is back on schedule...And very happy about it!

In other words, it's a perfect night to explore my blog and take a look at the stats/numbers behind the views.

1.  I always like to see, country-wise, where the views are coming from for each post.  Since I started to blog in 2012, the Top 10 views (by countries) are:

*United States
*Malaysia
*Germany
*Russia
*France
*United Kingdom
*Ukraine
*Poland
*China
*Canada

2.  I get most of my site traffic from Facebook.  In descending order, viewers find my blog via Google, Bing, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Yahoo, direct hits to my site when someone goes straight to the web address and Google Plus. (Isn't G+ the last item in any list????)

3.  I've had five random people ask me to host a Google Plus Hangout so we can chat about my blog and Hollywood gossip.  They say I can livestream it and then post the video on my blog.  I like you too much to subject you to that type of video.

4.  I earn enough money from this blog to buy myself lunch once a month.  I started this blog as a creative exercise.  Any money I get from viewers clicking on ads is a bonus.

(Disclaimer: Dear Google, The previous statement was not intended to get anyone to click on ads on my page.  It was only intended as a statement of a benefit I receive from posting on a regular basis. Thank you.  Have a nice Google day.)

5.  Finally, there are the folks who leave comments on my various posts.  I welcome any and all comments (good or bad).  In no particular order, my top 3 favorite comments are:

*"I bet your butt has ballooned to a size 46 with all of that fancy snacking you do on Hollywood sets." (For the record, I've had the same waist size for the past 10 years.  It's just my hairline that decided to disappear.)

*"Can you get my script to a list of A-List Directors I can send you via email?  I just know they'll listen to you since you're a voice of authority in the industry."  (I don't think I've ever been called a voice of authority in any situation.  Also, I've seen your script and it needs a little work.  You call it original.  I call it a cross between "Citizen Kane", "Funny Girl" and "Big Trouble In Little China".)

*"I've still never received my prize I won last week.  I know you don't work at the radio station anymore but can you call them for me?" (How do I say this politely?  No!!!!!)

I really appreciate you taking a look at my blog on a regular basis.  It's a creative outlet for me.  I hope it's a enjoyable experience for you.

I Bet This Actor Doesn't Bother To Read My Blog

4 comments: