Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Looking For Inspiration In Acting

I've discovered that writing a blog is a never ending hobby for me.  The feeling of satisfaction I get after posting an article lasts for about an hour before I start planning my next post.

Don't get me wrong.  I enjoy this creative outlet.  When I'm planning another post, sometimes it helps to seek inspiration in the words of others.  With that in mind, and in no particular order, here's my current Top 10 list of quotes about acting that I find inspirational:
  1. "Work for the actor lies essentially in two areas: the ability to constantly create reality and the ability to express that reality." - Lee Strasberg
  2. "Acting is all about honesty.  If you can fake that, you've got it made." - George Burns
  3. "Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances." - Sanford Meisner
  4. "It's not whether you really cry.  It's whether the audience thinks you're crying." - Ingrid Bergman
  5. "Acting is the least mysterious of all crafts.  Whenever we want something from somebody or when we want to hide something or pretend, we're acting. Most people do it all day long." - Marlon Brando
  6. "If you give audiences half a chance, they'll do half your acting for you." - Katherine Hepburn
  7. "I know very little about acting.  I'm just a very gifted faker." - Robert Downey, Jr.
  8. "Never get caught acting." - Lillian Gish
  9. "Acting is the ability to dream on cue." - Ralph Richardson
  10. "When you talk about a great actor, you're not talking about Tom Cruise." - Lauren Bacall
Even though I only write about acting and actors, I find great inspiration in these quotes.  They inspired me to finish this post from Hollywood!









No comments:

Post a Comment