Monday, July 27, 2015

"So LA" Conversations

I'm in the middle of writing a longer post about the world of acting but I need to take a break and recharge my brain.  I have to stop thinking about it and let the words come to me without obsessing about the post.

In other words...Time to write a post that is nothing but fun!

There have been plenty of times lately where I've heard conversations that are "so L.A.".  I've been taking notes and want to share my favorite conversation moments with you from the past few months:
  • "You remember those candles we loved so much?  I bought them at Tori Spelling's store right before it went out of business."
  • "You see this jacket I'm wearing?  Joe Walsh wore this same jacket in a video for the History of the Eagles. He gave it to me after sweating in it all day."
  • "I know that I'm moving up in the studio world because I only have to walk his dog every other day."
  • "My agent told me he would call me back after he was done watching a car chase on the 5."
  • "I actually had the idea for that movie first but is the public going to believe me or Paramount Pictures???"
  • "I didn't date him because he was a director.  I dated him because he lived 3 blocks from me so I didn't have to worry about parking."
  • "I don't think he's a real homeless guy.  I think he's just staying in character to work on a part."
  • "I ran lines with her and then she threw me over for another scene partner.  That other guy can't hold a candle to my interpretation of Prisoner Number One!"
  • "My script deadline is this Thursday at noon.  My deadline to be a successful screenwriter is more flexible."
  • "I'd appreciate it if you would stop using air quotes when describing me as a producer and director." 
Sharing these quotes with you has loosened my brain enough that I just came up with the second half of the other post.  I'm off to finish it and will share a new post with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment