Sunday, September 24, 2017

Conversations About "The Business"

No matter where you go in Hollywood, it seems like people are always talking about "the business". While the movie and television industry are a big part of this town, listening to random conversations reveals there is a "show business superstar" in everyone.

Here are seven of my favorite show biz related conversations I've heard in the past few weeks:

  1. "I just finished a treatment for a gritty reboot of Howard the Duck for Phase 4 of the Marvel movies. In my treatment, he becomes a contestant on a Big Brother type show and teaches everyone the best and worst mankind has to offer while also trying to win the competition."
  2. "I told him I would love to sing backup at the Hollywood Bowl but then I found out if was for the Muppets. Everyone will be looking at the singing frog instead of me!"
  3. "I had lunch on the Warner Brothers lot last week. I didn't have a meeting there. I decided to sneak onto the lot to take a selfie for my IMDb page."
  4. "The entire role consisted of me not speaking and staying in one place on the ground for 7 hours covered in fake blood. I can't wait to tell my acting coach!!!"
  5. "I don't get why Netflix didn't go with my TGIF revival idea. I can totally see Urkel, Balki and any random cast member they can get from Step by Step living together in a Real World type show. It would be a hit!"
  6. "I hope he makes it to Hollywood on the next season of American Idol. I think all of the camera time I get rooting for him in  the audience will help raise my profile in the industry."
  7. "I booked a commercial where I play second banana to a dog. I've been working in the industry much longer than that mutt so this is completely unfair."
As long as there are show business dreams, there will be plenty of conversations like the ones listed above. I'll be sure and keep a notebook on me so I can write down more odd conversations to share with you in the coming months.







No comments:

Post a Comment