Thursday, March 15, 2012

So...Where Have We Been For A Week?

The artist and I have had a busy week.  All of our activities have not been related to acting but we've been on the run all week!

Zach and I flew to St. Louis last Friday afternoon.  The visit was important for a few reasons. 

It gave us a chance to visit his mom and to make sure our dog remembered our faces. 

Zach really wanted to hang out with his friends on Friday night but we kept telling him "no way" because his mom (and dog) had not seen him in weeks.

We got to the house at 9:30pm and Zach was greeted at the front door by 10 kids jumping out from behind the house armed with water balloons, over-sized boxing gloves and silly sting.  The rest of the night was filled with way too many hyper kids and the artist having a great time.

In our brief visit to St. Louis, I:

***Changed the oil and fixed the back brake lights on the jeep.
***Took care of a tree in the back yard with a chain saw.
***Took Zach to the orthodontist to get invisalign braces (so he can remove them at photo shoots).  We had
      the molds made before we left St. Louis but we had to go back and make sure they fit his mouth.
***Ran him by his old school to return his text books and have lunch with his friends.
***Took him to his orthopedist appointment.
***Had dinner on Monday night with some friends.

I made sure to schedule the trip around acting jobs.  I also made sure his manager and agent knew exactly when we were leaving Los Angeles and returning to town on Tuesday.  Everyone knew the plan so what could change the time frame of the trip?

How about a last minute voice over audition on Tuesday at 5pm?

Our flight was scheduled to land in Los Angeles at 3:50pm.  I parked in a lot 1.5 miles from the airport.  The wait time for the shuttle would be at least ten minutes and then the ride to the truck would also be 10 minutes.  The earliest I could leave the lot was 4:10pm/4:15pm.  His manager and agent called me on Monday at 5:30pm St. Louis time asking if I could be in Burbank at 5pm LA time on Tuesday.

I don't know if you've ever experienced the joy of rush hour traffic in L.A. but there is NO WAY to get from LAX to Burbank in 45 minutes in rush hour traffic.

Dana and I spent the next hour on the phone with Delta Airlines trying to get an earlier flight out of town on Tuesday.  We could get a flight but the cost to change flights would be almost the same price as buying new tickets.

I called the L.A. folks and shared this news and they said "Why don't you just cut an MP3 audition and send it to us tonight?

My first thought was "Why didn't you say that was an option in the first place????"

By the way, I am just venting...Not complaining!  I would rather have the problem of the artist being in demand for auditions!

Speaking of auditions...

He had an audition last night to join an improv troupe.  I just got the call as I am typing this post that he made it into the group!!!!

The rest of this week is filled with a couple of auditions, school, homework and a meeting with his agent.

He is a busy boy...And that is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment