Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Injury, Two Flights & Three Donuts

The Artist took a quick break from his acting to visit St. Louis for his birthday.  The weekend was filled with his friends, grandparents, presents, lots of food and time with the dog.

The "highlight" of the trip?

Zach broke his finger on Monday night when he didn't make it through a sliding glass door before it closed.  A quick visit to the emergency room at 11pm produced this:


While Zach was in the emergency room, I started to receive requests via text to submit him for a Party City spot.  The spot doesn't shoot until next week BUT the casting office needed all of his info by Tuesday morning.

Dana decided to handle getting the info to them because I still had to wash clothes and pack after we got back from the hospital.

The broken finger looked awful on Tuesday morning but it didn't hurt as much after a night of rest.

We spent our final morning in St. Louis going to GameStop because a new game came out that Zach HAD TO BUY before we left for California.

Zach and Dana went into the mall to buy the game because I was busy on the phone trying to get him booked for a Nickelodeon promo scheduled to shoot on Wednesday morning.

I spoke to the casting director at Noon St. Louis time.  He was going to let me know if Zach was cast in the spot by 2pm.  My flight to Los Angeles was at that exact time so Dana had to be the contact person for the Wednesday promo shoot.

We landed in Salt Lake City at 5pm and I turned on my phone to get the latest casting updates:

***Zach got the Nickelodeon promo
***I got the wardrobe list for the promo
***The Party City casting director wanted to see an audition for the spot so Zach and I would have to tape it once we landed in Los Angeles

Did I mention I haven't seen our video camera in weeks???

We landed at LAX at 9pm, got to our vehicle at 9:30pm, raced down the 405 and went straight to the Target in Van Nuys (my only option at 10:20pm).

Zach and I ran through the store for 30 minutes and walked out 10 minutes before closing time with a new video camera and two shirts with no logos for the promo shoot.

After a quick fast-food run (my only option at 11:15pm), we went home to charge the camera and learn his lines.

The audition recording started at Midnight and finished around 12:20am.

I made him go to bed because of the 9am call time in Malibu (a 17-mile drive in rush hour traffic).  I sent the video to the casting director, got his wardrobe together for the Nickelodeon gig, went to the gas station, ate three donuts and jumped in bed at 3:30am.

I set the alarm for 6:45am with the intention of getting him showered, dressed and out the door by 7:30am.

Did I succeed?  Did he have a good time at the video shoot?  Did his finger still look horrible? Did I drink way too much Diet Coke to stay awake and alert all day?

I'll let you know in my next post!

To Be Continued...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4115971/


No comments:

Post a Comment