Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wednesday At The Beach With Nickelodeon

With 2 hours of sleep under my belt (and about 6 hours for The Artist), the Nickelodeon "Worldwide Day Of Play" promo shoot started at 9am in Malibu.

The first thing I need to mention is the amount of paperwork I had to sign when we arrived at the set.  The promo crew had to see and/or have copies of his work permit, birth certificate, Coogan Account paperwork, emergency contact numbers, agent and manager numbers and school info.

We arrived at 9am and finished the paperwork at 9:50am. 

Zach went to wardrobe as the crew looked through the various outfits we brought to the set.  He looked great in his outfit for the beach. 







I sent Dana a photo of the outfit with the caption, "Here is Zach wearing nothing I raced to Target to buy last night".










The kids were walked to the set on the sand at Will Rogers State Beach.  There were about 50 kids on set that day playing volleyball and soccer on the beach.

The idea behind the promo is to get kids outside for fresh air and fun with their friends. 

With 50 pre-teens and teens on set, the promo should have been called "Nickelodeon Hormone Fest Beach Party". 

The beach shoot lasted until 1:30pm and then it was time for lunch.  We were expecting pizza or hamburgers or hot dogs for lunch (since it was a giant group of kids).  I guess Viacom (the owner of Nickelodeon) saved a lot of money after their fight with DirecTV because the menu included:






I ate one of everything on the menu!






We moved to a state park after lunch.  Zach spent the next three hours throwing a football with another kid as the cameras continued to roll.

I split my time between watching the promo shoot and walking the trails at the park.  I tried to hang around the shoot but I finally had enough of the usual on-set "listen to everything my actor does better than your actor" conversation.

My favorite was the mother who made sure to tell everyone that her child does a great Ronald Reagan impression.  I'm not sure if there is a big market for a 12-year-old Reagan clone.

We got out of there (with light sunburns) around 6:30pm.  The drive home took 45 minutes on the 405.  We exited on Ventura and headed home for the night.

I'm REALLY happy the shoot was on Wednesday.  The next night (at the exact time we were driving home on Wednesday) a truck overturned on the 405 at the Ventura exit.  The accident happened at 4:30pm and involved a gas spill and all lanes being closed on the 405.  There were people stuck in their vehicles on the 405 for 4+ hours.

I guess we can consider the traffic accident (and traffic backup) a preview for "Carmageddon II" in September!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4115971/


No comments:

Post a Comment