Friday, October 3, 2014

Getting Ready For Scout Camp

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm almost ready to travel to scout camp.  The flight to Oregon is this Saturday!  I can't believe it's almost time to meet my new friends.

The name of the scout camp I get to attend this year!

It's certainly going to be a change of pace from the heat of the San Fernando Valley.  Looking at the 10-day forecast shows highs in the 60s-70s and lows in the 40s.  We'll be in the Pacific Northwest Temperate Rainforest.  It's been too long since I've attended school to know what all of those big words mean for global warming, the melting ice caps and the need for sunscreen at camp.  I did follow your advice and bought a poncho and a sleeping bag so Zach and I can stay warm at night.

It looks like a movie set but it's a real scout camp.

I've been told there will be Internet access which is good because the MLB playoffs start this weekend and I want to keep up with the games.  Plus, how will I know what's happening in civilization if I can't watch TMZ???

The interior of the cabins.

I know you worry about me and my sense of direction.  No need to worry because there will be plenty of people there helping to make the TV show.  In fact, here is a photo of them hanging out at the camp tree house.

The fear of ridicule from my fellow campers will keep me from getting lost.

Finally, we'll all be eating our meals together.  We've been told to expect delicious, but basic, meals which pretty much describes my personal cooking style.  I should have no problem keeping my stomach full.

I have to go pack now.  If you get a chance, please send a care package.  You know how much I love crackers, s'mores, craft beer and comic books.  I promise to be good and share with my fellow campers.

I'll write again soon and let you know how things are going at camp.  I'll also let you know about Zach's adventures filming the pilot episode!



Here at Camp Abercorn, adventure is in the air!






No comments:

Post a Comment