Monday, October 17, 2016

Everybody's Talkin' In Hollywood

I've mentioned before how you can't go anywhere in the Los Angeles area without hearing conversations about movies and television or seeing a film crew in action. I work from home but often travel around town for meetings. I hear a lot of odd conversations during my time out in the real world and thought I'd share some of them with you.
  1. "I told my kid to take his Halloween costume to Hollywood Blvd for a few days and make money as one of the characters on the street. He'll see that nobody cares about Green Lantern when he comes back with no money."
  2. "I like to think of my script as a cross between Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Purge by showing the real reason kids ditch school is to put lawlessness in action."
  3. "I normally don't mind being recognized but there are times I wish I could just disappear much like Bridget Fonda's career!"
  4. "The casting director had the nerve to tell me that my headshot didn't look anything like me. Does he expect me to still use the same amount of Juvederm I had before that photo session?"
  5. "I tried to get in the audience for her late night talk show appearance but her agency wouldn't return my calls. See if I'm nice to her next time I wait on her table!!!"
  6. "I once saw a stage mom try to seduce a PA so her kid would get more screen time. I don't think she understands who has any sort of power on a film set."
  7. "The crew didn't get the proper permits to film at the mall. I don't care who you are but Santa Claus still gets the prime real estate spot at the mall during the holidays."
  8. "Is it a bad sign that I called my agent's office and the number now belongs to a dry cleaner?"
  9. "I told him the best way for our comedy gigs to get attention is to find a club that is fine with us hosting in the nude. They'll either laugh at our material or our bodies but at least they'll be laughing."
  10. "I like to think of myself as a leading man trapped in the body of an extra trying hard to be noticed by the camera as well as the director and the crew and the producers and anyone else in charge on set."
I hope everyone I quoted above achieves their dreams...Or at least gets the answers to their questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment