Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Entering the belly of Hollywood

Tuesday was filled with excitement and nerves because Zach had a meeting with a management group in Studio City.  He is ready to become an actor but I think yesterday was the first day it really hit him that his career is moving forward because he met with A BIG TIME HOLLYWOOD MANAGER.

The meeting was the expected interview/Q&A ("Where Do You See Your Career In 5 Years?"  "What Type Of Roles Do You Want To Play?", etc.)  and feeling us out to see our commitment to Zach's career.

I was also nervous because I've dealt with managers before but never for my kid.  We left the office with an offer for management and a contract in hand (ok..in my e-mail's hand)!

As great as it is to have a manager, we still need to get an agent...Which we are working on next week.

I couldn't do much about it today because I had to go to Van Nuys to get Zach's California work permit.  The two items required for a work permit are a birth certificate and a letter from his school.  The letter has to state that he is a student in good standing and is able to work in Hollywood with the blessing of the school.

The waiting room was full of people of all shapes and sizes.  Old actors, young actors, foreign actors, children forced to become actors by their parents, adults hoping to change their life by becoming a star in Hollywood and me.

Getting the permit was no problem...The only problem was the dueling IMBD battle going on in the room between the various parties.  Everyone was a star in their mind and better than anyone else in the room.  The funny part was no one was able to list an IMDB credit that happened in the last 8 months.

Starving actors all around me....

No comments:

Post a Comment