Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hollywood Housecleaning

We've spent the past week moving from our townhome of two years to our new townhome of two days.  The move has left little time for blogging.


I really need to be hanging some pictures right now. How about a quick update instead?


*Zach's "Camp Abercorn" project has been moved to October as the production company continues to work on location scouting.


*A bunch of his actor buddies helped us move to the new place.  They are all good kids but it's funny to watch them move stuff since they are "programmed" to look good at all times.  There is only so far they are willing to go before they start to worry about their "look".  Having said that, I couldn't have done the move without them.


*It only took Dana two years after moving to California but she finally lives in a place with a pool.


*Our new place has 16 townhomes and one odd rule:  All dogs have to enter and exit the building through the garage.  Doc can't figure out why he's not allowed to go through the front door.


*I was at the grocery store last night and heard two guys discussing their dream plan to reboot the "Fat Albert" character, "The Brown Hornet", as a super serious urban legend vigilante.  I'd love to be in the room for that pitch.


*I learned this week we have the ability to stuff three townhomes worth of stuff in one building.  It sure seemed that way as I carried our giant pile of belongings to my truck. 


*TV show production has cranked up and it's now "episodic season".  It's the time of year everyone auditions for roles on the new and returning shows.  Everyone wants their shot on a show.


*I now have the Dodgers Network on my new cable setup.  I finally escaped the 70% of Los Angeles residents that can't watch the games on a regular basis.  It only took me until the last month of the season.


*One other thought about "episodic season".  The parts up for grabs are both large and small.. The casting directors of the world are looking to fill parts for the rest of the season.  Recurring characters, recast characters, background players, etc.  It's might be more of a hectic season for casting directors than pilot season.


*Did I mention my knees still hurt from the move?


This Actor Is Off To Colorado In October.



No comments:

Post a Comment