Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Series Of (Quick) Scenes From Hollywood

***The big news this week has been Sony pulling "The Interview" from movie theaters before its Christmas Day opening.  According to Sony, there is absolutely no way the film will be released on the 25th.  Then why do I keep seeing billboards for the movie all over town?

My phone photo was too dark so I grabbed this photo from USA Today

Shouldn't the first order of business for their marketing team be to take down all of the billboards and bus advertisements???

***Everywhere you go there are people talking about the Sony decision.  You can't go anywhere without a coffee shop employee, record store hipster, gym rat or grocery store checkout clerk giving you their opinion on the decision.

***Zach and Dana left town on Thursday for the Christmas holiday.  I dropped them off at the airport at 4:30pm.  At 4:40pm, my phone rang with a commercial job offer for Zach.  The person was understanding but I hate that he missed the job.  It never fails.  He always gets a job offer when he is out of town.  I've received calls on airplanes waiting to take off, in the middle of the woods in Oregon, at a Walmart in Arkansas and at a Fatburger in Las Vegas.

***One of the main reasons I hate he missed the gig is the annual industry shutdown.  Hollywood pretty much comes to a halt from the days leading up to Christmas through the first Monday of the new year.  Don't get me wrong.  It's nice to have a break but a little extra money is always a good thing.

***I've been getting a ton of emails from shows looking for audience members in January.  It's pretty easy to get tickets to see Kimmel and Conan.  Ellen is a tougher ticket to obtain.  Plus, there are other shows that look for audience members such as "The Talk", "Let's Make A Deal", "Dancing With The Stars" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway" (to name a few).  It's a shame that Craig Ferguson is no longer doing his nightly talk show.  It was far and away my favorite late night program.

***Once the holidays are done, there is a period of about two weeks where the industry begins to ramp up for the new year.  It's also pilot season where everyone hopes to be cast on a network television pilot.  I'll have more to say about that in the near future.

***Have a very happy holiday season.  Thank you for continuing to support my blog this year.  I'll talk to you again before the end of 2014!




No comments:

Post a Comment