Friday, June 1, 2012

A free lunch...A hot role...And big money!

1.  The Artist has returned to Los Angeles after a trip to St. Louis to recharge his batteries.  While most of his Missouri friends are enjoying the first full week of summer, Zach is staying busy this week.

2.  He went to school this morning for a parent/teacher conference where the following events happened:

***I got a chance to review his 7th grade work with his teacher. (Excellent grades)
***He's registered to start 8th grade in July. (His options school program is a year-round program)
***He received his English homework to work on during the short school break in June. (BOO!!!)
***I learned his teacher has a fear of driving up hills. (ODD!)

3.  Zach is still up for the lead of a Disney XD show.  I've been here long enough that I've met a ton of parents whose kids audition against Zach.  The Disney XD role is "a sizzle role" among the 13-17 group of teen actors.  The main topic among the parents is gossip about the casting status of the main role.  I listen to them chat about the project but I try not to get dragged into their conversations.

4.  We had lunch with his manager yesterday in Studio City.  I've mentioned before that a manger is a combination cheerleader/sounding board/free advice expert.  She took us to lunch to see if Zach is still having a good time on auditions and to make sure he is making friends in Hollywood.  While I appreciate her taking the time to check on him, the free food was my favorite part of the experience!

5.  The most exciting thing since we've returned home?  

Zach got his first movie paycheck!!!!!!!!!

His check for being part of the cast of "Golden Winter" was waiting in the mailbox for him on Wednesday night.  It doesn't matter if you're a 13-year-old-boy or a 40-something Dadager, it's very exciting to receive a 4-digit payment in the mail.  It felt like Christmas as visions of GameStop danced in his head!

6.  Zach has a week filled with acting lessons, casting workshops, homework and (we hope) auditions as we  enter the first full week of June.  

I'll keep you updated so I hope you keep reading my blog...And sharing a link to the blog with your friends!

As always, check out Zach on imdb so we can keep his ranking as high as possible (please!).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment