Friday, May 25, 2012

Pay To Play In A Movie?

Zach has been getting some auditions this week and two of them have involved money.

Every actor hopes to make money for being in a movie...But does every actor want to pay money to be in a movie?

According to the audition notices, the films are "inspired by Roger Corman" and "made with the Australian formula of the cast and crew funding the film" so each actor invests $5000 towards the making of the film.  

I can be an Executive Producer of these films, and make my money back if the movie is sold and production costs are covered, if I'm willing to pay $5000 to the production company.

Acting is an art and you have to spend money on teachers, seminars and classes to improve your skills.

The goal is to become a good enough actor that people will pay you money to be in their movie.

If you have to pay to be the lead of a movie then maybe this is not the career path for you.

I hope this opinion doesn't ruin my various Australian friendships.

Oh wait...I don't know anybody from Australia...And I don't know Roger Corman.

I'm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment