Monday, May 21, 2012

Don't mention Randy Newman to me this week!

It's been a busy week in Hollywood so let's look at the week one point at a time:

***Zach had a slow week of auditions but a busy week at school. 

The charter school he attends has been doing "Star Testing" for the past two weeks.  "Star Testing" is also known as the California State Exams.  It's a good news/bad news situation for students.  The good news is they only have to show up for one day and take their state exams.  The bad news is they don't have their regular school appointments for two weeks. 

The appointments are back on schedule and Zach had to turn in 4 Science units, take 4 tests and pass two PE units to stay on track to complete 7th Grade by the end of May.

I'm very happy he had a slow audition week!

***The Artist performed in two improv shows over the weekend.  He had one show with his normal gang and another show with the next improv level.

He held his own with the new group and even made the teacher/host laugh a couple of times during the show.

***I got hooked up with a singer/songwriter who is determined to write the next anthem for Los Angeles.  He is tired of "outsiders" viewing the city according to Randy Newman's "I Love L.A.". 

Captain L.A. (as I like to call him) has cut a song that mentions everything he enjoys about Los Angeles.

The main problem with the song?  A very 80s production vibe!  He even did a dance mix that sounds like every Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis production.

I met him to discuss helping him promote the song.  I tried to be nice when I discussed my problems with the production.  He took my advice as a challenge to record an acoustic version of the song. 

The main problem with the acoustic version?  The vocals still have an 80s vibe/sound quality.

I'm meeting Captain L.A. tomorrow night to lay out our plan of attack for promoting the song. 

I still have some issues with both versions of the song BUT the tune has been stuck in my head for days.  I find myself singing it at random moments during the day.

Would anyone like to hear my rendition of the song????

***I have to go pick up The Artist at his acting class.  Have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment