Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Highlight Of The Week Is...

The highlight of the week (for me) was Zach's audition on Wednesday. 

He had an audition for a part on a Disney XD show that took place at the CBS Studio City lot.  I've been past the lot many times.  I'm near it every Sunday morning when I go to the Studio City Farmers Market.  It's one of those places that I've wanted to check out but there has been no reason for me to be on the lot.

Weird moment number one:  Going to the guard gate and telling him that I had Zach Louis with me for a 3:15 audition.  The guard checked his name on the list and told Zach, "Welcome...We've been expecting you".

The guard gave me directions which brings us to weird moment number two:  I never thought I would hear the phrase "Go through the main building and you'll see some sound stages...Just hang a right at CSI: NY and you'll see the room for your audition".

Zach and I found the office for the audition.  I signed him in and then I made sure to look around the lot.  The entire complex is filled with signs to mark the history of various movies and shows filmed on the lot.  The building we were in had signs to mark the end of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Roseanne".

The lot was full of activity as vans, carts, light rigs and workers hustled to take care of business in every corner of the area.

Zach completed his audition and took a look around at all of the workers.  He turned to me and asked if the CBS studio area was a big deal in Hollywood history.

All I could do was laugh and say "You have no idea".

No comments:

Post a Comment