Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nice Work If You Can Get It!

I'm convinced one of the easiest jobs you can hope to get in life is being a studio teacher.

I realize you need to have California teaching credentials in english, math, social studies, science and a foreign language.  The three guys I've seen have the skills to be teachers...BUT...I've never seen them use their skills on set.

I hate to say it but the studio teachers on our movie seem to be well paid babysitters.

They're on set to make sure the boys complete their daily school requirements according to California law.  They herd the boys to a table and tell them to do their homework.  They're not really worried if the boys spend their entire time talking about "The Avengers" or girls or video games.  As long as the boys are in their seats for the required amount of hours, it's almost an "anything goes" situation during their school time.

I'm sure there are some studio teachers who help the boys and make them work on their assignments.  I just haven't met one during this movie shoot.

I will say that the three teachers have been nice guys that I've enjoyed talking to each day.  I admire their ability to get paid for adult babysitting duties.




No comments:

Post a Comment