Thursday, June 28, 2012

Has it been a week since my last post?

We got an alert from one of the casting sites (on Tuesday night at 8pm) that Zach had an audition on Wednesday morning.  The first order of business was to wash some clothes for his audition.

Our building gives you a laundry card when you sign a lease.  You have to put money on the card to use the washers and dryers.  There are two machines in the lobby that take $5, $10 and $20 for card payments.  They don't take dollar bills and you can't use a credit card to put money on your card.

I went to the lobby to reload my card and found 5 girls looking at a broken machine.  The machine has been broken for a week because one of these ladies put her debit card in the machine instead of her laundry card. She forgot to cancel the card and was trying to get it out of the machine slot.  The girls looked worried because no one could get the card to come out of the slot.  


I asked what I thought was a dumb question, "Have you tried using tweezers?"


They looked at me as if I asked them about the nuclear launch codes.  


I went upstairs to get a pair of tweezers.  I removed the card and its owner yelled, "Now we can get some beer and ice cream!"


_________________________________________________________________________________


Zach put on his clean audition clothes this morning and we headed out the door to a casting office near Hollywood and Highland.  The office is a block away from Hollywood Boulevard.  The drive to this area of town is simple and takes about 20-25 minutes.


I wanted to leave early so I would have time to get a diet soda.  I didn't take care of this errand because traffic was a nightmare everywhere this morning.  The 101 was backed up so I decided to take the surface streets.  We left at 9:30am and made it to his 10:30am audition with three minutes to spare thanks to two accidents and four construction zones.

But....We did make it on time!

The audition was for an LA Galaxy commercial that will shoot on July 4TH.  I wouldn't mind a soccer game on the holiday.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The second audition was this afternoon at The Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.  I drove through Pasadena admiring the Rose Bowl, old homes and beautiful yards.

We got to the college and saw this warnig everywhere on campus:



We watched our step as we made our way to the audition.  The audition was for a film involving a boy with two fathers.  The boy is mad that he has two fathers instead of a mother and father.

I bonded at the audition with two of the actors trying out for the roles of the fathers.  They were:

***Coco, age 24, a huge fan of botox and wearing a red tuxedo jacket like a Chinese restaurant busboy.

***Velvet, age 26, a fashion designer who works with chiffon and velour.

We talked about Project Runway, how humidity ruins hair and Aviator sunglasses.

I don't know if Zach got the role but I made some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment