Monday, July 16, 2012

Greatest Audition Drive Ever!

It's been a busy (but fun) week as The Artist has been on the run with auditions.

One of the auditions was at UCLA's Medical Center in Westwood Village. 

From the Village website:

"Westwood Village is Los Angeles' premiere village centre - centrally located in the heart of Los Angeles, serving the neighborhoods of Bel Air, Holmby Hills, Wilshire Corridor, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Santa Monica.  This charming and unique area displays a rich history recognizable by its architecturally significant buildings, many of which were built in the 30's and 40's.  Architectural styles include New Orleans Revival, American Colonial Revival, Mediterranean, Spanish Colonial Revival, Period Revival, Post-war Modern, French Regency, and Classical Revival."

The guy that called Zach for the audition sent us an instruction sheet that was almost "War And Peace" in length.  It gave us construction zone warnings for the 405, where to pay and park, where to park for free, shuttle stops and ride times, walking instructions to the audition spot and every hallway twist and turn once we arrived at the building.

All of the info made me a little paranoid about getting there on time so we left much earlier than normal for the audition.  I decided at the last minute to take the surface streets instead of the 405 so I made it to the location about 45-minutes earlier than I would have on the 405. (Woodman to Ventura to Sepulveda to Wilshire to Westwood Village...for all of you fans of  "The Californians")

I made it to Westwood Village and drove through a sea of BMW's, Jaguars, a Porsche or two and even a Lamborghini.  I was at a stop light when the Lamborghini pulled up next to me.  I noticed that the guy behind the wheel was giving me a dirty look.  I wasn't sure why until I realized I was at the light in a big red truck listening to "Beez In The Trap" by Nicki Minaj and "Drank In My Cup" by Kirko Bangz as loud as possible while waiting for the green light.


I laughed as he gave me the "You Are Beneath My Notice" look.

I wasn't in the clear yet because I still had to park/walk/ride a shuttle.  I decided to find the building first and then determine where to park based on the distance from the building.

I found my destination and I also found....

***An open metered spot RIGHT IN FRONT of the building***

I couldn't believe it!  After all of my worries about getting there on time and where to park once I arrived, I found the best parking spot ever!

Zach and I grabbed the spot before anyone else tried to park by the meter.  We were happy but also super early for the audition. 

We decided to celebrate by getting a snack at The Coffee Bean and returning to the truck to find more music to annoy the beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment