Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Zach's Red Carpet Experience

The Artist walked his first Red Carpet on Sunday afternoon for the Teen Choice Awards.  It was also an event to help raise funds for HeroesRide.org.  

The Red Carpet took place at CBS Studio City.  We've been there enough times now that I know whether to turn left or right on My Three Sons Lane, Gunsmoke Avenue or Newhart Street.

I'll be the first to admit that my fashion sense does not go far beyond jeans.  Zach's mom couldn't be here this weekend but she was able to be part of the wardrobe selection via text message.  It took three trips to Macy's, two stops at Urban Outfitters and a visit to Wasteland (in Studio City) but we got his outfit ready for the Red Carpet.  Here he is the day of the event:



After all of the shopping trips on Saturday, I only had to buy him the blue shirt in the above photo!

He was nervous before the event because he wasn't sure how to stand, what to say, which way to turn, etc.  His instincts kicked into gear once he got on the Red Carpet and he handled the walk like a champ!  

The fundraiser also featured three first response cars used on 9/11.  I have to admit I was a little choked up being so close to the vehicles.  Check them out below:




Pretty amazing to see them in person...And really amazing to watch The Artist walk the Red Carpet!


No comments:

Post a Comment